April 22, 2013

Beading Central

 Now that spring is here, I'm taking another look at my beading supplies with a fresh eye.I'd like to have some new items for the craft show season.   I decided to dress up my glass tile pendants with some charms and sparkly beads. It really makes the collaged tile colors "Pop"! This has been a good exercise in color theory & aesthetics. One of my goals is to find a use for my "orphan" beads. You know the ones: there aren't enough of any one kind of bead to make a necklace, but that single bead might work well as a focal with dangly bits on another piece. I'm using pearls, handmade focal beads, vintage beads, Swarovski & other crystal, with pewter & copper charms. The wire is various colors, too.  Right now, I'm wiring up a dozen pendants, with more to follow.  So far, I like the results! I took a few quick photos so you can get the idea.

 I actually had this idea in my head for awhile now, but like everything else in my head, it's taken some time to manifest it into reality. The feedback I've received on the new designs has been encouraging.   With the Spring sunshine, I've moved my beads out of the Studio.  The two skylights in the living room make for perfect light while color-matching beads to the collaged pendants.  Oh, and I have a new mascot for the Studio. We rescued Mos (pronounced Moss) last June. She's pretty laid back, and as long as she gets her treats every so many hours, she leaves the bead board alone. 

 Bead Central




Mos manages the Media. I like to watch movies while I work...












Glass tile pendant with enameled & vintage beads...
 And finally, Mos offers her opinion on my work...

No comments:

Post a Comment